Thursday 10 November 2016

You're not in Kansas now Dorothy

Yesterday I went to the school which my two friends K and G started  in an economically challenged area. I first met  K and G in 1995 when they were much younger than they are now. In those days they were working in a different area. They planted a church there and then moved on to greener pastures which is what every good church planter should do.


I thought I had written about this school before but I can not find the post. When I went to the school in March I was a little overwhelmed. It was rather noisy and lets just stay nothing like school in NZ.

This time I had much more fun. I told the children a story about the wise and foolish man, I marked one groups work, put stickers on it and gave everyone  a pencil with a verse on it. There are about thirty children at the school. If they did not come to this school they would not have any education. Their parents cannot afford to send them. The morning flew by and then it was lunchtime when I ate a tasty potato curry.

After lunch I went to G's little house. That was a little distressing because it had asbestos in the ceiling. In the kitchen it was visible but in her bedroom a woven mat covered the ceiling. Another distressing thing was I was bitten at least five times by mosquitoes in the short time I was there. G said several times how expensive housing is in this city which poses another dilemma for me but I am not going to write it out loud. See if you can figure it out.

On Sunday I will speak at a gathering of the people that K and G have introduced to J**** in their school community.

1 comment:

  1. I can picture it so clearly. Im glad u have caught up with them. . Much love to K from me.

    ReplyDelete