Friday 25 November 2016

It just so happens that I have discovered another gastronomical treat that is cooked just down the road from our house.

It is a chicken egg roll. A chicken egg roll is nothing like you would imagine. Basically it is a roti cooked, and lifted onto an egg that has been beaten and fried on one side. The egg and roti fuse together and once the other side of the egg is cooked the ensemble is laid on a chopping board. A mixture of cubed chicken that has been marinaded and precooked is heated briefly with onions and green pepper then placed in the middle of the egg roti on top of some cucumber that is already there. Chilli sauce and tomato sauce are s1quirted over the filling. Then it is rolled up and packaged in what looks like newsprint paper.

Regrettably I do not have a photo of one but if I manage to persuade Katrina to eat another one tomorrow, which should nope be hard, I will take a photo.

The egg roll wallah is a very nice man. Some people you can just tell are nice. Last time we ate one his wife was helping. I was going to ask him where his wife was tonight but I forgot the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment