Friday 18 November 2016

Today I went to the devil's mall and a kind person shouted me cake and coffee. Sometimes the cake in Hephzibah not only looks the same with maybe a different coloured topping but  tastes the same as well. They look  extremely tempting but really you come away feeling like you have just eaten half a cup of sugar. And you very likely have.

Mmmm cake. 
This cake was not like that. It had a high ratio of cake to icing which was also different to the cakes one usually sees.  In fact it was a spectacularly tasty piece of cake and fortuitously I had not eaten much lunch. It would be best described as  a chocolate gateau  with a layer of soft  toffee on the top.

The same kind person told me about her favourite way of eating okra. After I came home I shared how you prepare the okra with  the young women here. The idea is to cut each finger into quarters lengthwise but not all the way through. You then sprinkle it in salt and turmeric and fry. The two girls decided to give it a go except the details I gave were a little sparse and so they cut it from the tip end rather than the stem end. It didn't matter to me because the result was okra chips.




 It is totally delicious and unfortunately lots of people will want to eat my okra now.

Sigh. And seeing as Jesus encourages me to share I guess I will.

I wish I had bought more than 300g now.

No comments:

Post a Comment