Monday 12 October 2015

Well here safe and sound in the YWAM base.
This morning I woke up very early and it felt like lunchtime which it was in NZ but was only 6.30am in Hephzibah.
I managed to shower with only one bucket of water but I think if I use less shampoo I can use less!!
It is very hot here. I woke up sweating with one sheet covering me. Probably shouldn't have turned the fan off but it was quite noisy.
In the night Mr Gecko shouted at me a couple of times and when the traffic started at daybreak which was earlier than 6.30am it sounded like an angry wasp outside my window. Such blessings.
Everyone is very kind and treating me like an honoured guest which is very embarrassing but also a blessing.
Tomorrow I am going to stay with my friend Hi Pong. I can not remember why we started calling each other that in 1995 but it had something to do with deodorant, neither of us having body odour  and it was very funny at the time.
I am about to go exploring. It is 10am in the morning but it feels like 2pm which it is in NZ.Apparently there is a market 10 minutes down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment