Wednesday 14 October 2015

All week I have woken up at 4.30am. I am not complaining as when I do I am bright eyed and bushy tailed. I do have a rather long wait for breakfast though. Some famous people who were used mightily of God got up at that time of the day and prayed. I also pray when I arise that early  but I can not take any credit for being able to. It is not discipline that gets me up but a body clock that has not adjusted yet. I am really enjoying being able to spend that time with my saviour without wanting to fall asleep again.
As I was sitting on a rooftop this morning I was reflecting on what an amazing collection of people and experiences I have had in the past 25 years of walking with Jesus Christ. My life has been enriched beyond measure because I came into right relationship with my creator and saviour.
In the house next door what sounded a little bit like a Gregorian chant but with a single female voice was playing. When one of the girls came out she said it was part of the people's puja/worship. I had thought it must be that.
Then the tragedy of worshiping something that is man-made hit me. What robbery, what a lie to worship the created instead of the uncreated creator. I gained a new insight into what the apostle Paul said when he wrote to the Ephesians for our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. It is the same dark power, the god of this age, who  has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. (2 Corinthians 4:4). People are trying to earn their own salvation by worshiping the created and doing good works  but what they need to do is accept they have a sin problem that no human work  can  expunge. They need to believe that God has taken care of their sin problem in Jesus Christ and receive the free gift of salvation offered to them.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment