Friday 26 February 2016

Someone small gingery and furry is trying to climb into my lap as I sit down to type this. The tablet is perched on my knees and there is just enough room for a small someone to sit in the space between my bent legs and lap.

No Winnie Whiskers- I have not replaced you.
It keeps miaowing in the kind of way you do when you are trying to sleep but someone else is disturbing your rest.

It is a little wild kitty the young people here have befriended. It is very skinny, full of fleas and no doubt full of worms as well. No Winnie Whiskers it is not as pretty as you.

This morning when it was sitting on my knee it spat a leech out of its mouth onto the bottom of my dress. That was a bit gross. I initially thought it was some kind of worm it had vomited up but  Lal said it had tried to eat the leech but the leech had managed to latch onto the cats mouth so it was not swallowed. Apparently the kitten eats all manner of insects. It's hungry Winnie Whiskers.

We were about to start worship and I found it very hard concentrating for the next hour. The image of the leech on my dress, then it inching its way across the floor kept flashing across my mind. Fortunately I was able to think about how Jesus deals with our parasites.

It is quite a friendly wee kitty but not nearly as lovely as my Winnie Whiskers.
The worrying thing for me is that I am more concerned this little scraggly kitty is hungry than the people I see.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment