Friday 19 February 2016

I feel compelled to dedicate a blog entry to the New Regent Hotel naan  bread in Hephzibah. I probably have rabbitted about them before but I can't help myself.  These naan bread are surely the best I have ever eaten.

I discovered the hotel in 1992 just before I was due to come home. Back then I would order butter naan, finger chips and a coke. Now I am 20 years older I have cut down on the carbohydrate content of the meal and just eat the naan.

I have visited the hotel every time I have been here; 1995, 1998, 2008 and 2015.
When I was here in October I don't think I ate at the hotel. For some reason naan were off the menu. Anyway for the second time this week I called in for lunch. The same waiters who were there in 1992 still work there. Well at least two do anyway.

One poor man can not cope with the fact I only eat a naan bread. I think he would like me to have a curry as well. I left him a generous tip on Tuesday to help him cope with the fact the bill was so small. I guess that is almost like a bribe. Oh dear.  Today I did not sit at the tables where he serves.

The waiter who did serve me was interested enough with my adding jam to the naan bread to comment.

I'm sure they think I am a little crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment